OUR AREAS OF WORK : CONTEMPORARY VISUAL ART • HERITAGE • EDUCATION
WHAT WE DO : COLLECT • CURATE • PRODUCE • PRESERVE • INITIATE
Based in Tunis, Tunisia our focus is the vibrant past, present and future of our local cultural context, which we approach with the desire to be in conversation with the region where applicable and the wider world where possible. We believe in inclusivity, criticality, best practice and a surpass boundaries - none of which are easy to achieve, but all of which are crucial to work towards. We have been pursuing our vision since 2005, when KLF was founded by financier and philanthropist Kamel Lazaar as a foundation under Swiss law with headquarters in Tunis, Geneva and London.
Our Missions & Objectives
- Democratize art by initiating projects that target a wide range of audiences in terms of age and social category, as well as by collaborating with diverse partners.
- Enrich education in the arts for youth through workshops and specialized cultural educational programs.
- Bolster culture through philanthropic actions such as grants and sponsorships supporting emerging artists and their projects.
- Heighten awareness about Tunisia’s historical heritage through the preservation and restauration of historical places and monuments.
- Contribute to knowledge production and support research through publications, symposiums, conferences, and exchange platforms on and off-line with a focus on visual arts and culture in the MENA region and beyond.
- Promote artistic practices by organizing events that put in the forefront artists and artworks from the MENA region.