As part of its cultural policy which aims to support artistic creation and to promote local cultures in Tunisia, the Maghreb and the Middle East, the Kamel Lazaar Foundation each year supports a number of projects.
Who can receive support from KLF?
Any natural or legal person based in the MENA region undertaking/initiating a cultural and/or artistic project relating to art and culture in the MENA region, more particularly in Tunisia, can apply for KLF support if the applicant fulfills the conditions outlined in the present call for projects.
What are the types of projects supported by KLF?
- Visual arts
- Heritage (Tunisia)
- Music and performing arts (theatre, dance...)
- Cultural and civic education
KLF can select up to 2 projects per category.
KLF reserves the right to define the amount of its contribution to the selected projects.
What are the conditions of project acceptance and grant award?
- Priority is given to:
- projects of general interest
- sustainable projects
- innovative projects
- Artwork creation is not eligible for support.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Any application received after the announced deadline will not be considered. However, the application can be submitted in the subsequent call.
- A project that has already received a KLF grant can reapply only after two years from the date it received the first grant.
- Exhibition catalogues and communication campaigns are not eligible.
- If the project is led by a natural person, the grant cannot be deposited in their personal account. Funding in this case will be allocated in the form of paid invoices.
- Only a percentage of the grant is allocated at the beginning of the project. The payment schedule is jointly established with the grantee based on the nature of the project. Whatever the project and its duration, the last payment is made after the conclusion of the project and reception of final reports
Projetcs proposals can be submitted by filling out the online application form, available here in three languages:
Upcoming call for projects
KLF publishes one call for projects each year.
Publication of the call
October 1, 2017
Publication of final results
February 16, 2018
New deadline for receiving project proposals
December 17, 2017
The selection process is organized in two steps: the KLF team makes a pre-selection according to the aforementioned eligibility criteria. The final selection is then entrusted to a jury composed of external experts.