As part of its cultural policy which aims to support artistic creation and to promote local cultures in Tunisia, the Maghreb and the Middle East, the Kamel Lazaar Foundation each year supports a number of projects.
Who can receive support from KLF?
Any natural or legal person based in the MENA region undertaking/initiating a cultural and/or artistic project relating to art and culture in the MENA region, more particularly in Tunisia, can apply for KLF support if the applicant fulfills the conditions outlined in the present call for projects.
What are the artistic disciplines and the type of projects supported by KLF?
The following list is for guidance only:
- Disciplines : visual arts (MENA region), heritage and education (Tunisia)
- Artistic projects promoting dialogue and collaboration between artists from the MENA region (exhibitions, festivals, art residencies, etc.)
- Projects that enhance and promote heritage (restoration, promotion, etc.)
- Projects that create inventories, databases, and enhance and facilitate research within the cultural and artistic sector
- Scientific and academic publications
- Sustainable projects which contribute to the improvement of educational programs
- KLF can offer partnership to a number of sustainable projects.
What are the conditions of project acceptance and grant award?
- General interest, sustainable projects are given priority
- Artwork creation is not eligible for support. For such requests, see KLF Fellowships
- For-profit projects are not eligible
- Any application received after the announced deadline will not be considered. However, the application can be submitted in the subsequent call
- A project that had already received a KLF grant can reapply only after two years from the date it received the first grant
- Exhibition catalogues and communication campaigns are not eligible
- Film projects: only documentaries with themes dealing with one of the afore-mentioned subjects are eligible
- If the project owner is a natural person, the grant cannot be deposited in their personal account. Funding in this case will be allocated in the form of paid invoices
- Only a percentage of the grant is allocated in the beginning of the project. The payment schedule is jointly established with the grantee based on the nature of the project. Whatever the project and its duration, the last payment is made after the conslusion of the project and reception of final reports
Projetcs proposals can be submitted by filling out the online application form, available here in three languages:
Upcoming call for projects
KLF publishes one or two calls for projects each year. Upon closing the call, processing the applications takes approximately two months.
Publication of the call
January 2, 2017
Publication of final results postponed to
Mars 20, 2017
Deadline for receiving project proposals
February 10, 2017
The received applications are evaluated by the KLF Executive Committee.